Lao Than Trekking Tour
$172 per person
Lao Than Trekking Tour – Journey to conquer the summit over floating clouds
Lao Than Mountain is located in Y Ty Commune, Bat Xat, Lao Cai. The mountain is over 2,800m above sea level. It’s considered to be the “Roof of Y Ty” with fairytale scenery of floating clouds and sunshine. Its name – Lao Than, is very prominent in Bat Xat district, Lao Cai province. In addition, the ethnic H’mong groups also call it Hung Pong San.
Along the way, you will meet the friendly ethnic Ha Nhi groups with traditional costumes and green scarves are picking herbs in the primeval forest. You could enjoy various scenes there including: burned woodlands, ancient trees or breathtaking scenery of the stunning red azaleas in the glowing sunset.
Asia Master Tours organizes many group tours conquering the peak of Lao Than every week, departing on Friday night in Hanoi, and backing from Sapa on Sunday night. If you want to go on weekdays, we also set up tailor-made tours for travelers in demand.
Let take part in mingling in the clouds and witness the novel experiences!
In Sapa, Asia Master Tours has rooms having nice view, close to center of the town with suitable price. If you want to rest before or after the climb, please notice us to advise and support you.
IncludedHigh quality sleeper bus from Ha Noi to Sapa (round-trip ticket)Tour guideHigh quality food for trekking membersWater: 1 litre per dayShuttle bus from Sapa to trekking point (Ky Quan San - about 60 kilometres from Sapa)Porters (A porter per 3 guests)Night campsite on the mountain (wooden cabins and blankets, thermal insulation mat)Private bathroom (Before and after climbing) – Storing luggage in SapaTraditional herb bath of the Red Dao ethnic group in Sapa after trekkingGloves, raincoats, medical supplies, etc.Travel insurance
Not IncludedVAT (10%)Other expenses exclude the programTip for tour guide or porter
- Tonight you will take an overnight sleeper bus from Hanoi to Sapa, taking about 5-6 hours.
There are three pick-up points in Hanoi
+ 21h00: At the Old Quarter
+ 22h00: At the gate of Foreign Language University, Pham Van Dong Street (Near My Dinh Bus Station)
+ 22h30: At Noi Bai Intersection, about 2 kilometres from the Airport
- 06h00: You will get off the bus, enjoy mountainous atmosphere, and move to the restaurant to have breakfast and personal morning hygiene. You can keep and store unnecessary items (For example: Clean clothes to use after trekking) here before taking the journey
- 08h00: Our bus will help you to move to the trekking point at Y Ty vegetable farm which is about 80 kilometres from Sapa. On the way, you could feel ecstatic when enjoying the spectacular views of mountain scenery, the winding passes which bring beauty to this route.
- 11h00: When arriving at the trekking point, you will meet the H'Mong porters and take some photo shoots with your team. Then, the journey begins.
- 12h00: You will have lunch and take a short break to refuel for the afternoon.
- 17h30: You arrive at the campsite when the sun goes down. You will pack your luggage and have personal hygiene, rest after the adventure of the first day. At this time the porters have prepared for dinner, so you can take part in self-preparing dinner with the grill, fried, cooked dishes, etc. Or you could have a walk around the campsite, watching the sunset when being above floating clouds. We, Asia Master Tours, believe that this could be one of the most impressive experiences that you will not forget.
- 18h30: You will have dinner, make friends with other members of the group. Before going to sleep, you can enjoy the night sky of thousand stars in forest, with great feeling when mingling yourself in nature and staying away from the hustle and bustle of cities. In this journey, you will have a chance to experience staying wooden cabins or tents with well-prepared blankets and insulation mats.
- 03h45: The tour guide will wake you up in the morning to catch the moment of dawn on the peak of the mountain. After the warm-up activities, you will have breakfast with some coffee or warm ginger tea and the tour guide will check the attendance to begin the day.
- 05h00: You start to conquer the final miles of the journey. Each member will take a bottle of water and some snacks on the way.
- 06h30: After conquering the last slopes, Lao Than Summit will be right in your reach. You could touch the signature tip of stainless steel placed on the peak of Lao Than, enjoy sightseeing, shooting, cheering with the group there. After the activities, you will move back to the campsite through the old road.
- 08h30: You will be back the campsite and pack your luggage, say goodbye to the mountain and move back to the starting point at Y Ty Farm
- 12h30: You will have lunch before moving back to Sapa.
- 13h30: The bus will bring you back to Sapa.
- 16h00: When arriving at Sapa, you will pick up your belongings and enjoy a traditional herb bath of the Red Dao ethnic group.
-19h00: You will have a luxury dinner at the restaurant in Sapa, enjoy the hotpot of salmon, sturgeon with a lot of fresh herbs and vegetables, raise glasses of sweet apple wine to congratulate each other having successfully conquered the peak. After the meal, guests are free to visit Sapa and Stone Church, or have some of coffee.
- 22h00: You will take the overnight sleeper bus back to Hanoi. It will be Hanoi around 03:30 AM or 4:00 AM next morning.