Mekong Delta Tours – Cai Be Floating Market Tour
$58 per person
Cai Be Floating Market brings many unique cultural features of the Mekong River region. It is also an attractive tourist destination. Visitors can admire the beauty of Cai Be Floating Market, as well as the buying and selling culture traditions of the people of the West. Let’s join Cai Be floating market tour to make your trip unforgettable.
If you want to see the crowded activities, canoeing and see the underwater trade, you should go from early in the morning, just dawn. The morning is a bustling market, with the most sales and a wide range of agricultural products. For those who like the quiet and peaceful, you should visit the floating market in the afternoon, watch the activities of people on the boat. This is one of the characteristics of the Southwest. In the afternoon, you should go at 16:00, when it is less sunny. You will have moments watching the sunset on the river. Sunset is also the time when the whole market lights up, bringing a little poetic and sad. This is considered the most beautiful shimmering of this floating market.
The floating market is the junction of three provinces, namely Tien Giang, Ben Tre, Vinh Long. It is one of the three biggest wholesale markets in the Southwest region, along with Cai Rang and Nga Bay floating markets. Therefore Cai Be floating market is always crowded. It has from seafood to household appliances, drinks, etc. We hope you will enjoy our Cai Be floating market tour.
DepartureHo Chi Minh
IncludedA/c van/bus sightseeing as per programPick up and transfer serviceBoat trips in the Mekong deltaEnglish speaking guideAll entrance feesCooking classBikesMeals as indicated in the program (L=Lunch)
Not IncludedTravel insuranceOther meals not mentioned in the programPersonal costs & tips
Terms of TourOur offers:
- Free 1 bottle of water of 500 ml / person / day during road transfers.
- Support 24/24 during the trip, from the office in Hanoi, by a dedicated customer agent.
- A deposit of 40% of the total price is required before we process your booking .
- An Additional deposit of 40% of the total amount is required 14 days before your arrival date.
- The balance of 20% will be fully paid upon the customer’s arrival in cash or by credit card.
- Bank charges related to the payment are borne by the customer.
- In more than 30 days prior to the trip departure: No charge
- In 15-30 days prior to customer’s arrival: 10% charge
- In 06-15 days prior to customer’s arrival: 30% charge
- In 02-06 days prior to customer’s arrival: 60% charge
- Within 02 days prior to customer’s arrival: 100% charge.
Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. Depart for Cai Be by car/van via Trung Luong Express Highway. On arrival in Cai Be, set off by motor boat to visit the Cai Be floating market and watch the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on board their vessels. Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn are made. Then wander into the small villages and visit the orchard and fruit plantation, accompanied by traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
Keep cruising to experience the charms of the Upper Mekong Delta, where you can immerse yourself in nature. Enjoy your cooking experience and learn how to prepare special Vietnamese dishes. Food cooked by yourself and fresh river food served in the heart of the garden. Relax in the hammocks to get back your energy.
Cycle around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. Meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong delta. Take a boat ride back to Cai Be and meet your bus for the trip back to Ho Chi Minh City.